Wet apply of window films
Apply your window film with water. Quick and easy by following the steps below. First read our general instructions here.
Some films and/or design only allow for the wet application of the film. These type of films can only be ordered through email and are labeled in the email as WET apply.
You will need the following tools. A water spray bottle, a glass scraper and some clear liquid soap.
Water spray bottle
- Always keep your window film flat, so that is does not bend/fold/crease.
- Add a very small amount of clear soup to the water inside your water spray bottle.
- Spray the water onto the glass. Clean the window thoroughly. Remove paint, grease, silicone and other dirt with a glass scraper. If any is left behind, it will always be visible!
- Also clean the surrounding area, like the window frame itself. If you are applying near the ceiling and/or the ground make sure they are also clean. Also be wear of flying insects. Lock up your pets.
- Apply a nice large amount of water onto the glass itself. You may also want to apply water to the window frame to counter dust/dirt.
- Remove the backing film to reveal the adhesive of your film.
- Remove the entire backing from the film and position the film correctly onto the glass. You may want to use 2 to 3 people for this, if you are applying a large window film.
- Use your freely provided squeegee and start at the top of the film. Wipe from the center to the right and subsequently for the center to the left. Slowly with overlapping wipes move downward.
- You may want to repeat this process to remove all the water and air between the film and the glass.
- Check to see if there is still any air or water trapped between your reflective window film and the window itself. If air or water is still trapped between the window and the reflective window film. Gently push the air bubble or water to the edge (nearest part of the window not covered with window film) of the window film with your squeegee. No need to use too much force.
- Make sure all air bubbles and water are gone. Remove the remaining water around the applied film with a soft cloth.
- Allow the adhesive enough time to stick to the window. Just leave the film alone for some time to allow the adhesive to do its job.
- Remove the application tape (that is on top of the window film) after a couple of hours.
- After application do not clean the window/film for at least 2 to 3 weeks.