Instructions on how to apply window film and wall stickers.
1. General information about how to apply window and wall films
- Do not accept severely damaged packages.
- After you have received your shipment unroll the material as soon as possible. Store the film flat until use. Do not store the material in the box until use. And apply the vinyl/film within a couple of days.
b. Work environment
- Make sure to not apply films in direct sunlight, make sure the temperature of the film, the window/surface itself and the surrounding air is -ideally- around 12 to 18 degrees Celsius. When the temperature is above 18 degrees we advise you to apply the window film during the early mornings or after sundown, when the temperature is below 18 degrees C. Turn radiators that are near the window/surface off, 24 hours in advance!
- Extensively clean the window/surface, the window frame, your hands and the surrounding area, including you work environment. Clean it of durst, dirt, paint, grease, silicone, flies, spiders, etc.. Use a window scraper to thoroughly clean the glass. Lock up your pets!
- Watch out for your fingerprints on the window glass itself and on the back/adhesive of the window film.
c. Removing the backing paper
- The application tape is the white/yellowish/woody sticky paper on the front of the window/wall film. On the back of the window/wall film is the white backing paper (likely contains some grey texts/lines). Before removing the backing paper, card over the application tape on the front of the film, using the supplied squeegee, to better secure it to the vinyl itself.
- Remove the backing paper very carefully/slowly as to not damage the vinyl. When the film contains cut-outs, be very careful when removing the backing paper, as to not tear the film itself, when parts remain stuck to the backing paper. Take your time, most mistakes occur here!
- If you ordered a non-rectangular design, it will be possible that your cut-to-shape design has a border around the design. This serves 2 purposes. It keeps the application-tape/transfer-tape mounted during transport. And allows for easy horizontal/vertical positioning of the entire design. You can remove this border after application (do not card over it with the squeegee).
d. Applying the film
- Always use the film itself, not the application tape, to position your design.
- Use the longest side of the film to position your design.
- Use 2 or more people. One holding the top/left of the film and one holding the bottom/right to position the window film correctly. During application one holds the film a couple of centimetres above the surface, while the other cards with the squeegee, starting in the centre of the film.
- Do not use force when using the freely supplied felt squeegee, especially with large air-bubbles. You can always use a pinprick to let air escape.
e. After application of the film
- If after application you have a problem area. Gently heat the problem area with a heatgun or infrared heater. Subsequently, use your thumb to rub over these areas.
f. Cleaning the film
- After you have applied the film. Let it rest for at least 2 weeks. Clean the film with a sponge or soft cloth with a non aggressive cleaning product (handwash, carwash, etc.).
2. Specific information
a. How to apply window film?
- (1) Instructions on how to apply frosted window film cut, go HERE.
- (2) Instructions on how to apply printed window film, go HERE.
- (3) Instructions on how to apply printed transparent window film, go HERE.
- (4) Instructions on how to apply printed window cling, go HERE.
- (5) Instructions on how to apply window decals HERE.
- (6) Instructions on how to apply window stickers HERE.
- (7) Instructions on how to apply one-way vision window film HERE.
- (8) Instructions on how to apply/install two-way vision window film (i.e., perforated frosted window film) HERE.
- (9) Instructions on how to apply/install your reflective solar window film HERE.
For a quick additional overview relating to how to apply window film, go HERE.
b. How to apply wall stickers?
For instructions on how to apply wall stickers, go HERE.
large, complex, custom, window decals, multiple colours, multiple windows Ireen APPLYitYourself 2019-01-11T14:47:41+00:00
large, bespoke, window decals, office doors, white Ireen APPLYitYourself 2019-01-11T13:58:09+00:00
large, window decal, custom, multiple colours, shop window Ireen APPLYitYourself 2019-01-11T13:28:15+00:00
Large, window decal, multiple windows, multiple colours, inside Ireen APPLYitYourself 2018-11-26T12:59:58+00:00
Large, window decal, office, multiple windows, blue Ireen APPLYitYourself 2018-11-26T12:47:15+00:00
Large, window decals, hallway, multiple windows, inside Ireen APPLYitYourself 2018-11-26T11:57:12+00:00
Small, custom, black, window decal, vinyl, logo, cut-to-shape Ireen APPLYitYourself 2018-11-23T15:34:01+00:00
Window decal, 2 colours, custom, logo, black, yellow, reverse window sticker Ireen APPLYitYourself 2018-11-23T14:52:24+00:00
window decal, 3 colours, custom, logo, reverse window sticker Ireen APPLYitYourself 2018-11-23T14:08:31+00:00
window decal, office, multiple-windows, blue, cut-outs Ireen APPLYitYourself 2018-11-23T13:32:21+00:00