How do I apply Wall Murals (Sticky textiles (A))?
This webpage will teach you have to apply your own bespoke wall murals (Sticky textile).
See our written instructions and instruction videos below. Your custom wall mural (Sticky textile (A)) will arrive in a sturdy box. Ready for you to apply your unique bespoke wall mural to your wall/mounting-surface. No additional tools required.
Always, first read, our extensive general information here, before your start the application/installation of your custom wall mural (Sticky textile (A)).
Below you find application instructions on how to apply your own bespoke Wall Murals (Sticky textiles (A)).
- Always keep your custom wall murals (sticky textiles) flat so they do not bend/fold.
- Make sure to not apply your sticky textiles in direct sunlight, make sure the temperature of the mural, the wall/mounting-surface itself and the surrounding air, is -ideally- around 12 to 18 degrees Celsius. When the temperature is above 18 degrees we advise you to wait.
- Extensively clean the wall/mounting-surface. Remove paint, grease and other dirt. If any is left behind, it will always be visible! Also be sure that the paint has sufficiently dried (wait at least 2 to 3 weeks before installing large wall murals onto freshly painted walls). All water and solvents must have evaporated before installation.
- Also clean the surrounding area. If you are applying you wall mural near the ceiling and/or the ground make sure they are also clean. Also be wear of flying insects and roaming pets.
- REMOVE all jewelry from your hands and make sure your hands are clean. As to not damage the mural during application.
- Carefully, remove the backing paper away from the mural. When your bespoke wall mural contains cut-outs/letters/elements, be very careful when removing the backing paper, as to not tear the film itself, when parts of the wall mural remain stuck to the backing paper. Take your time, most mistakes occur here!
- Position the bespoke sticky textile at the preferred location and apply your wall mural to the wall/mounting-surface.
- You may want to use 2 or more people for this. 1 using using his or her hands and 1 or 2 holding the ends of the bespoke wall mural.
- Start in the middle/centre of the wall mural and move horizontal with overlapping movements towards the edge of the mural. During which you hold the wall mural a couple centimetres (2 inches) above the wall/mounting-surface itself. If the surface is not a solid smooth surface (like glass, HPL, ACP, PVC, Metals like aluminium and steel, etc.) you can directly position your sticky textile to the wall/mounting-surface itself. As a non-solid non-smooth surface will make it very easy for the air to escape.
- After application. Check to see if there is still any air trapped between the sticky textile and the wall/mounting-surface itself. In the rare occasion that air is still trapped between the wall/mounting-surface and your bespoke mural. Gently push on the air bubble with your hand and/or finger.
- If, when removing the application-tape/transfer-tape, you lift the sticky textile from the wall/mounting-surface. Wait 24 to 48 hours before removing the application-tape/transfer-tape. You may want card over the mural again with your hands to increase adhesion with the surface. Especially if you are applying the removable sticky textile (A2).