Make your design 1:1. Use mm as the measurement unit. Below you will find the ideal design specifications, for both vector and pixel based files.
Ideally you would send us a vector file in .eps (Adobe CS1) for objects that need to be cut or cut-to-shape. Often the designer of your logo/branding will possess these files.
- Everything, that needs to be cut-to-shape, needs to consist of vectors.
- Fonts have been converted to outline.
- No centre lines but everything converted to outline (outline stroke).
- Colours in CMYK not PMS.
- No linked files, all must be embedded.
- Nothing smaller than 3mm. Lines need at least a width of 3mm. A dot (the smallest possible object) need to be at least 3×3 mm.
- Minimum height of fonts need to be at least 20mm. Script fonts at least 30mm.
- Paths needs to be united.
- Do not use any (complex/multiple) clipping masks.
- Avoid (complex) gradients and/or transparencies.
- Use version CS6 of Adobe Illustrator. And send us your design as an .eps file.
- Preferably high resolution, low compression images.
- We advise a minimum resolution of 3×3 pixels per square mm (75 dpi). Or 3000×3000 pixels per square meter (1000×1000 mm).
- Send us your design as a .png (use transparency for your cut-to-shape design) or .jpg. Low compression, high resolution.