How to apply window decals?
On this webpage we will extensively tell you have to apply your bespoke window decal. See the instructions and instruction videos below. Your window decal will arrive in a sturdy box (pre-assembled) with a squeegee (free of charge). Ready for you to apply the window decal to your window.
Always, first read, our extensive general information here.
Below you find instructions on how to apply window decals yourself.
- Always keep your window decal film flat so that is does not bend/fold.
- Make sure to not apply window decals in direct sunlight, make sure the temperature of the window film, the window it self and the surrounding air, is -ideally- around 12 to 18 degrees Celsius. When the temperature is above 18 degrees we advise you to apply the window film during the early mornings or after sundown.
- Clean the window thoroughly. Remove paint, grease and other dirt. If any is left behind, it will always be visible!
- Also clean the surrounding area, like the window frame itself. If you are applying near the ceiling and/or the ground make sure they are also clean. Also be wear of flying insects.
- Use the supplied squeegee and card over the application-tape/transfer-tape on the front of the window decal to further increase the binding between the two. Use a flat surface, like a sturdy table.
- Remove the backing paper. Carefully. When the film contains cut-outs/letters/elements, be very careful when removing the backing paper, as to not tear the window decal itself, when parts of the film remain stuck to the backing paper. Take your time, most mistakes occur here!
- Apply the window decal with the application-tape/transfer-tape to the window, position the window decal at the preferred location.
- Use your supplied free squeegee. Start in the middle/centre of the window decal and move horizontal with overlapping movements towards the edge of the window decal. During which you hold the window decal a couple centimetres (2 inches) above the window/mirror/surface itself.
- Check to see if there is still any air trapped between the window decal and the window itself. In the rare occasion that air is still trapped between the window and the window decal. Gently push the air bubble to the edge of the window decal (nearest part of the window not covered with window decal). No need to use force. If you do not succeed without using force use a pinprick to burst the air bubble.
- Allow the adhesive enough time to stick to the window. So that removing the application-tape/transfer-tape does not lift the window film from the surface/window/mirror. Remove the application-tape/transfer-tape after a couple of hours, 6 to 12 hours should be enough.
- If, when removing the application-tape/transfer-tape, you lift the window decal from the window glass. Wait 24 to 48 hours before removing the application-tape/transfer-tape.